Looking for something? Try a Google Search

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hand-carved wood items from Baguio, Philippines

During 1973, I was in the Navy Seabees and stationed at the Subic Bay Naval Base in the Philippines. During some R & R, some of us guys rented a van and drove up to the mountain city of Baguio, their summer capital, and while there I bought some hand-carved wood statues and wall plaques. I have two of these for sale right now in my vintage, Etsy site - DevilishlyVintage.

The first is this filipino boy riding a water buffalo. You can go directly to the page for this item here.



The second is this growling, prowling jungle cat. You can go directly to the page for this item here.

These two pieces are as beautiful and perfect as the day I bought them back in 1973. If you'd like to make one of them yours, click on the links above.

No comments: